URTICARIA frequently occur following an infection or as a result of an allergic reaction such as
- URTICARIA is also known as HIVES. It is a skin rash with red, rised, itchy bumps. They may also burn or sting.
- Rash lasts for a few days but does not leave a scar, the condition frequently recurs and lasts more than 6 weeks.
- Medication (aspirin, ibuprofen, penicillin, clotrimazole, vaccine and anti-diabetic drugs, etc)
- Insect bite
- Food (shell fish, nut, egg, wheat, and soy)
- Infections or environmental agents
- Psychological stress
- Cold temperature etc
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS
- WELTS (raised area surrounded by a red base)
- ANGIOEDEMA (allergic or nonallergic)
- Individual hives that are painful, last more than 24 hours or leave a bruise as they heal more likely to be a more serious condition called URTICARIAL VASCULITIS.
- Hives carried by stroking the skin are due to a benign condition called DERMATOGRAPHIC URTICARIA.
HOMEOPATHIC Treatment Medicines:
APIS, ARSALB, DULC, NAT MUR, RHUSTOX AND URTICA URENS.